4 Star Restaurant Group
4 Star creates bar & restaurant options in upcoming Chicago neighborhoods. Each project we’ve worked on has became a local favorite showered with social media mentions.
- Our fist task was to brand a small date-friendly restaurant (currently awarded the “Most Romantic Restaurant in Chicago”.)
- The second was to create, concept and design a Tex-Mex restaurant. Today, this restaurant is known to have the “Most Instagrammable Wall in Chicago”.
- The third was to rebrand and re-concept a BBQ restaurant now situated next to the iconic Chicago Cubs baseball stadium. It was designed for expansion and franchise opportunities.
- The fourth was to design, create, and roll out a loyalty program for all their restaurants.
- A fifth was to rebrand their corporate identity and website. The list continues …
We helped 4 Star understand their own brand. We showed them how people could perceive them, created ways for people to connect with their brands more fully, and added fun and interesting new layers to their physical and digital spaces. We helped define a time & place for each unique restaurant concept that customers not only understood – but loved to visit.
Why this project?
Working with this client is a joy! The owners and managers are ideal clients, something I never take for granted. They listed to big ideas and trusted my strategic recommendations for services. We leveraged that trust to venture more heavily into hard to get design projects – interior graphics, physical signage, programmatic service recommendations, and eventually conceptual restaurant development. I positioned our team to gain additional projects, all of which were fun for the team and profitable for the company. 4 Star consistently rises to the top of our team’s favorite client due to their pleasant demeanor. Today, they enjoy regular media and social media love – something they didn’t have before our partnership began.
I took the opportunity to recommend a media plan that would help spread the word of their efforts while also highlighting our work. This led to a bigger PR movement, increased attention for our client and brought in new work for us.
The client was immediately impressed with the work ethic and creative of our team – they awarded us a second job during our first presentation.
- conceptual restaurant experiences (vibe, interior suggestions, food styling, uniforms, service wear, catering format, packaging, lighting, etc)
- restaurant naming (closely aligned with the vision with the brand and experience)
- messaging and a high-level PR plan
- flexible brand systems that can be used in store design, print, digital and marketing purposes
- interior graphics & exterior signage that architect and interior design teams used (iconic street signage, wayfinding, neon, instagram-worthy wall murals, etc)
- packaging systems and vendor sourcing (sauces, mixes, rubs, to-go format, catering, giftable packages)
- branded ephemera (matches, coasters, uniforms, swag, blankets, swizzle sticks)
- editable menu templates
- loyalty program that encourages customers to play, return, visit other 4 Star brands, and establish the 4 Star brand as a major player in the Chicago market
- visual and sonic branding of the 4 Star company that accurately describes its purpose
- fun, unexpected, yet practical digital experiences designed for mobile-heavy audiences
- 40-minute wait for tables or reservation-only entry at some locations
- wall mural listed as #1 most Instagram worthy backdrop for fashion bloggers (also used in a fortune 500 company ad)
- loyalty program spread to all restaurants within 3 months of launch
- ongoing referrals for clients and staff who find us work through a link on the client site
New Business Development
Internal/External team lead on naming, conceptual and strategic initiatives
Team liaison for architect and interior design team
PR plan & social media consultant
Lead kickoffs, creative team briefs, presentations
Vendor sourcing (photography, loyalty program tools, website developers)
Strategy & design review
5-8 per project
9 months per restaurant/brand/concept
6 months for loyalty program
Tuco & Blondie website
Smoke Daddy website
Ella Elli website
4 Star Restaurant Group website