4 Star Restaurant Group
4 Star creates bar & restaurant options in upcoming Chicago neighborhoods. Each project we’ve worked on have became local favorites with constant social media mentions. Our fist task was to brand a small date-friendly restaurant (currently named the “Most Romantic Restaurant in Chicago”.) The second project was to create, concept and design a Tex-Mex restaurant (which currently holds the title “Most Instagrammable Wall in Chicago”). The third project was to rebrand and reconcept a BBQ restaurant for an iconic location next to the Chicago Cubs baseball stadium (opening in 2018). The fourth was to design, create, and roll out a loyalty program for all their restaurants. A fifth was to rebrand their corporate identity and website. The list continues …
4 Star was successful didn’t have brand positioning to leverate ongoing success. We helped them see how people perceived them, create ways for people to connect with their brands more fully, and reveal a new layer to the company of which they could be proud of – all of these areas were used to help define a time & place for new and unique restaurant concepts.
Why this project?
Working on this brand is a joy! The owners and managers are ideal clients which I I’ve never take that for granted. Leveraging the trust we built, we ventured more heavily into interior graphics, physical touchpoints, programmatic service recommendations, and restaurant conceptual development. I positioned our company to gain additional projects that were profitable. 4 Star consistently rises to the top of our team’s favorite client. And they enjoy regular media and social media love – something they didn’t have before our partnership began.
I took the opportunity to recommend a media plan that would help spread the word of their efforts while also highlighting our work.
The client was immediately impressed with the work ethic and creative of our team – they awarded us our second job within our first presentation.
- concept new restaurant experiences (make recommendations for: vibe, interior suggestions, food styling, uniforms, service wear, catering format, packaging, lighting, etc)
- name each new restaurant to closely align the vision with the brand and experience
- create messaging and a high-level PR plan for the client to leverage
- design flexible brand systems that can be used in store design, print, digital and marketing purposes
- design interior graphics & exterior signage for architect and interior design team (iconic street signage, wayfinding, neon, instagram-worthy wall murals, etc)
- source and design packaging systems (sauces, mixes, rubs, to-go format, catering, giftable packages)
- create branded and atypical ephemera (matches, coasters, uniforms, swag, blankets, swizzle sticks)
- produce editable menu templates for each brand
- launch loyalty program to encourage audience to visit other locations and establish the 4 Star brand as a major player in the market
- redesign the 4 Star company brand visually and accompany with messaging to accurately describe its purpose
- 40-minute wait for tables or reservation-only entry
- wall mural listed as #1 most Instagram worthy wall for fashion bloggers (and used in a fortune 500 company ad)
- loyalty program spread to all restaurants within 3 months of launch
- ongoing referrals for clients and staff who find us work through a link on the client site
Internal/External team lead
Architect and interior design team liaison
New business development
PR plan & social media consultant
Vendor sourcing (photography, loyalty program tools, website developers)
Strategy & design review
Lead kickoffs, creative team briefs, presentations
5-8 per project
9 months per restaurant/brand/concept
6 months for loyalty program
Tuco & Blondie website
Ella Elli website
4 Star Restaurant Group website