Nice to meet you. 👋
Hi, everyone. 🙋🏽♂️ My name is Lonnie and I’m a brand strategist, visual artist, and business-minded creative based in Chicago.
I draw LGBTQ+ friends in leather and lace over at Lonnie Draws, then sell gallery prints, framed artwork, and apparel worldwide in my shop.
I own Harness, we help businesses strategically deliver powerful- and purpose-driven messaging, evocative visual systems, and innovate quickly so clients can turn prospects into customers.
I help create effective digital products, physical products, and experiences in weeks not months—so you can focus on your business. 🎯
My speciality is strategy, branding, illustration, UI/UX, and design sprints. I’m trained to lead a 4-day design sprint & work with Agile (Scrum) teams for optimal business outcomes.
My strategic differentiator: concept advisory.
This unique client relationship approach provides new areas for design expression:
- Brand pillar discovery
- Product innovation, design sprints, & revenue opportunity pinpointing
- Experiential systems, brand activations, & touchpoints
- Retail, restaurant, & product concept
- 3D & environmental graphics
*I once named a city and all of its streets. Ask me about it!
For the past 15 years I’ve worked with some of the world’s biggest brands including: Sony PlayStation, Disney, Panera, AOL, Whole Foods Market, Snopes.com, TechCrunch, TMPL by David Barton, Rythm Cannabis, GLAAD, Girl and The Goat, ULTRA Diamonds, L.L.Bean, Gibson’s, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Arizona State University, NEA, Mariano’s, PING Golf, Aetna, Prudential Plaza, Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University, California Pools & Spas, Sterling Bay, & Roka Akor.
I’ve been fortunate to work with amazing studios including, Human Made, Grip and Fervor. They’re the best at complex website development and strategic brand positioning – my accomplishments with them include the following items.
🏆 Awards, Titles, & Designations
- Hightest award for design portfolio (AIGA Arizona Prisma Award)
- Board member of AIGA, PHX Design Week, & Phoenix Comicon
- Co-wrote and produced a best-selling book on packaging: Best Practices for Graphic Designers, Packaging: An essential guide for implementing effective package design solutions
- 8 design awards for team work in academia
📰 Press & Media
- Buzz-worthy work has been featured in Vanity Fair, The New York Times, Elle, InStyle, People, GQ, Playboy, Details, LA Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, X-Factor Magazine, Cybersocket Magazine, and Wine & Spirits.
- Featured on numerous design and branding publications and blogs including Communication Arts, Brand New, Under Consideration, and Mindsparkle Mag
- 15-years experience in the business of business, strategy, design, and branding world
- Creative leader in design, strategy, & front-end development
- Director of client services for multi-million dollar global agencies
- Experience with B2B and B2C brands worldwide
🗂️ Career Highlights
- Lead more than 450 client/team workshops, brainstorms, & design sprints
- Lead naming of 100+ brand, products, & service lines
- Lead the rebrand of an iconic cultural institution (Steppenwolf)
- Lead creation of a new store design experience for Panera & Blue Door Farm Stand
- Lead brand launch or assets for 20+ critically-acclaimed restaurants including a handful with Michelin Stars and Bib Gourmands
- Lead Roti & Sopraffina Marketcaffe rebrand (increased SMC sales by 10%)
- Helped brand and launch a jewlery fashion brand that sold to a competitor 1 month after the unveiling
- Helped client inceased donations by 44% following a strategic website redesign
- Lead user research and branding for more than 12 educational institutions
- Helped bring numerous cannabis, health, beauty & medical products to market