Nice to meet you. 👋
Hi, everyone. 🙋🏽♂️ My name is Lonnie and I’m a brand strategist, visual artist, and business-minded creative based in Chicago.
I own Harness, we help businesses strategically deliver powerful- and purpose-driven messaging, evocative visual systems, and innovate quickly so clients can turn prospects into customers.
I help create effective digital products, physical products, and experiences in weeks not months—so you can focus on your business. 🎯
My speciality is branding, strategy, websites UI/UX, and design sprints. I’m trained to lead a 4-day design sprint & work with Agile (Scrum) engineers for optimal business outcomes.
My strategic differentiator: concept advisory.
This unique client relationship approach provides new areas for design expression:
- Retail, restaurant, & product concept
- Experiential systems & touchpoints
- 3D & environmental graphics
- Brand activations & loyalty programs
- Industry innovation (cannabis, currently)
*I once named a city and all of its streets. Ask me about it!
For the past 15 years I’ve worked with some of the world’s biggest brands including: Sony PlayStation, Disney, Panera, AOL, Whole Foods Market, Snopes.com, TechCrunch, TMPL by David Barton, Rythm Cannabis, GLAAD, Girl and The Goat, ULTRA Diamonds, L.L.Bean, Gibson’s, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Arizona State University, NEA, Mariano’s, PING Golf, Aetna, Prudential Plaza, Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University, California Pools & Spas, Sterling Bay, & Roka Akor.
I’ve been fortunate to work with amazing studios including, Human Made, Grip and Fervor. They’re the best at complex website development and strategic brand positioning – my accomplishments with them include the following items.
🏆 Awards, Titles, & Designations
- Hightest award for design portfolio (AIGA Arizona Prisma Award)
- Board member of AIGA, PHX Design Week, & Phoenix Comicon
- Co-wrote and produced a best-selling book on packaging: Best Practices for Graphic Designers, Packaging: An essential guide for implementing effective package design solutions
- 8 design awards for team work in academia
📰 Press & Media
- Buzz-worthy work has been featured in Vanity Fair, The New York Times, Elle, InStyle, People, GQ, Playboy, Details, LA Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, X-Factor Magazine, Cybersocket Magazine, and Wine & Spirits.
- Featured on numerous design and branding publications and blogs including Communication Arts, Brand New, Under Consideration, and Mindsparkle Mag
- 15-years experience in the business of business, strategy, design, and branding world
- Creative leader in design, strategy, & front-end development
- Director of client services for multi-million dollar global agencies
- Experience with B2B and B2C brands worldwide
🗂️ Career Highlights
- Led more than 450 workshops, brainstorms, & design sprints
- Led naming of 100+ brand, products, & service lines
- Led the rebrand of an iconic cultural institution (Steppenwolf)
- Led creation of a new store design experience for Panera
- Led creation of a new retail store and cafe concept (Blue Door Farm Stand)
- Led brand launch or assets for 40+ critically-acclaimed restaurants including a handful with Michelin Stars and Bib Gourmands
- Led Sopraffina Marketcaffe store concept and rebrand (increased sales by 10%)
- Helped brand and launch a jewlery fashion brand (it sold to a competitor 1 month after the unveiling)
- Inceased donations by 44% following a strategic website redesign
- Led user research and branding for more than 12 educational institutions
- Helped bring 25+ health, beauty & medical products to market