Nice to meet you. 👋
I’m Lonnie, the owner of Harness, who works with early stage entrepreneurs to create profitable brands. I’m a brand strategist and designer by trade and helps businesses build fierce brands, websites, and video. For the past 14 years I’ve worked with some of the world’s biggest brands as well as my close LGBTQ+ community. My mission is to give marginalized entrepreneurs a bold voice for expression, so they can reach their customers and make money.
My work has been featured in Vanity Fair, The New York Times, Elle, InStyle, People, GQ, Playboy, Details, LA Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, X-Factor Magazine, Cybersocket Magazine, and Wine & Spirits.
I’ve worked with PlayStation, Disney, Panera, AOL, Whole Foods Market, Snopes.com, TechCrunch, TMPL by David Barton, Rythm Cannabis, GLAAD, Girl and The Goat, ULTRA Diamonds, L.L.Bean, Gibson’s, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Arizona State University, NEA, Mariano’s, PING Golf, Aetna, Prudential Plaza, Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University, California Pools & Spas, Sterling Bay, & Roka Akor.
I’ve been fortunate to work with amazing studios including, Human Made, Grip and Fervor. They’re the best at complex website development and strategic brand positioning – my accomplishments with them include the following items.
📰 Press & Media
- Our buzz-worthy work has been featured in The New York Times, Bloomberg, Vanity Fair, Elle, Instyle, People, GQ, Details, LA Times, The Wall Street Journal & Wine & Spirits
- Features on numerous design and branding publications and blogs including Brand New, Under Consideration, and Mindsparkle Mag
- Design of 3 media-worthy Kickstarter projects in the product and education categories
🗂️ Work History
- Facilitated more than 450+ client brainstorms in 7 years
- Led brand launch or assets for 40+ critically-acclaimed restaurants across the U.S. including a handful with ongoing Michelin Stars and Bib Gourmands
- Led dozens of naming projects for brands, products and services
- Helped bring 25+ health, beauty & medical products to market
- Led research and helped brand and position more than 12 educational institutions
- Led store concept and rebrand that increased sales by 10% for Sopraffina Marketcaffe
- Positioned a fashion brand that sold to a competitor just 1 month after brand launch
- Donations went up 44% following a strategic website redesign for a non-profit
- Past partnerships with both boutique hotel and global hospitality brands
- 14-years experience in the business of business, strategy, design and branding world
- Creative leader in design, strategy, & front-end development
- Director of Accounts for multi-million dollar agency based in Chicago & Vienna
- Experience with B2B and B2C brands across the globe
🏆 Awards, Titles, & Designations
- Held Board of Directors positions on the American Institute of Graphic Arts
- Produced and co-wrote a best-selling book on packaging that has been translated into 8 different languages titled Best Practices in Packaging
- Founding members of Phoenix and Chicago-based cultural institutions